Natural home remedies for acidity effects immediate response like antacids when you suffering from acidity, heartburn and stomach problems. These are many leaves, spices, plants, herbs. Fruits, vegetables, and seeds have medicinal properties. These natural home remedies for acidity have been part of scientific medicine from ancient times, which have unwanted side effects of many diseases and these uncomfortable problems also.
How to cure acidity naturally?
Acidity can cure by natural home remedies, preventing some lifestyle habits and diet. Before you will go to your local pharmacy, there are some home remedies that have excellent power to reduce Acidity and Gas problems at home. The following are some home remedies for acidity which easily available at your home and give a quick response to reduce acid flux, heartburn, and stomach problems.
Ginger is a natural remedy for indigestion problem because it has Anti-inflammatory and digestive properties, it reduces the stomach acid and naturalized the stomach acid. Gingerly is the main ingredient found in ginger and that reduces the cold, cough, various digestive and intestinal disorders. It has properties that destroy to acidity triggering pylori Bactria, decrease inflammation minimizes, nausea and clams the stomach muscles.
- You can chew a slice of fresh ginger.
- One tablespoon ginger juice two or three times per day.
- Steep fresh ginger whit the cup of boiling water then drink it properly.
- Consuming too many gingers it can solve your gas, heartburn and throat burn problems.
- Limit your consumption that 3 to 4 grams per day.
2. Carom seeds (Ajwani)
Carom seed or Ajwain is reaching in anti-acid properties that treat the ulcer problems, indigestion problems, kill bad dour and Cure toothache. It is the best natural remedy for acid reflux problems. It also maintains oral hygiene and chronic indigestion problems.
- Boil these seeds in water, rest 3-5 minute then Drink it.
- Also Consuming Carom seeds, Black salt with warm water.
- Two tablespoon Ajwain with 1 glass water whole night. In the morning Drink this water after pure.
3. Use Cumin (Jeera) to reduce acidity
It works as a great home remedy for acid neutralizer, aid digestion and relieves stomach pain. Cumin helps to reduce indication and excess stomach acids, decrease the gas problem, reduce intestinal inflammation.
- Use 1 or 2 tablespoon cumin powder into the meal.
- You can use these seeds raw with some warm water for instant relief.
- Mix some powder in a glass of water and drink it.
4. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera improving protein digestion, promoting the balance of digestive bacteria, reducing inflammation, reducing excess stomach acid, encouraging healthy bowel movement and toxic removal. It improving protein digestion and balance the digestive bacteria. The juice contains vitamins, minerals, and Amino acids that detoxify your body, boost digestion and eliminate waste from your body.
- Wash and dry 2-3 leaves, Trim the prickly edges with a knife. Use the interior gel as juice or direct eat it.
- Add Alovera gel with fruit juice then take it.
5. Mint Leaves (Pudina)
Mint has good medicinal properties that reduce the burning throat, acidity, and indigestion. It helps lower the acid content of the stomach and improves digestion. It is the best natural coolant.
- Boil a few leaves of mint with water, after cool, it drinks this water.
- Adding dried mint leaves to curries.
- Use it in salads, cooked with vegetables.
6. Fennel seeds reduce Acidity
These seeds are low in calories but provide many important nutrients. Fennel seeds are sources of vitamin C, Minerals like Copper, Iron, Zinc, Calcium, Potassium, and selenium. It also contains estragole, fenchone, and anethole which has antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory properties. It helps enzymes to digest easily for its multiple gastrointestinal benefits. Fennel seed is used to reduce acidity, Heartburn, and bloating.
This seed reduces all three Trodasha (Bata, pita, cough). It controls acidity and boosts your overall stomach health.
Most pregnant women suffer from severe indigestion during pregnancy. In this period Fennel seeds the most beneficial or effective natural remedy for them to reduce acid indigestion and acid reflux.
- One teaspoon of fennel seeds add with hot water, let it rest for 10-15 minutes, then drink it. (Do not boil)
- You also use direct fennel seed by chewing for immediate relief.
Compounds found in clovers are alkaline and carminative properties helps to soothe inflamed and damaged stomach lining. That is why reduces the excess acid produced in the stomach and gastrointestinal tract. It increases peristalsis, improves saliva production improves digestion and reduces heartburn, acid reflux and stomach pain.
- Use cloves in your curries as food
- Chew a clove to treat acidity
- And 1 teaspoon Clove powder with 1tsp honey before bedtime
8. Basil Leaves (Tulsi)
Basil leaves contain eugenol, which helps to reduce the quantity of acid in the stomach. It also has anti-inflammatory properties due to the presence of linoleic acid. It stimulates our stomach to produce more mucus which helps to reduce heartburn and acidity.
Basil leaf also antiulcer properties which reduce the effects of gastric acid. It soothes the inflamed esophagus and stomach lining caused by excessive stomach acid production.
- 4-5 Basil leaves to boil with a cup of water then drink it.
- Also, use dried basil or fresh leave make a tea.
Banana has natural antacids, the alkaline in nature and contains fiber. So it reduces the effects of acids on your stomach. They were rich in potassium that increases the production of mucus in the stomach which prevents excess acid formation and also fights the harmful effects of excessive acid production and enhances the digestive process.
- Eat Ripe banana every day.
10. Cold Butter Milk
Cold buttermilk contains a high amount of calcium and lactic acid which naturalizes the acidity in the stomach. This lactic acid soothes the stomach by coating the stomach lining and reducing the irritation and acid reflux symptoms. It easily digests the foods and absorbed properly which ultimately reduces the acidity and balance the gastrointestinal health.
- Drink a glass of cold Buttermilk after a heavy meal.
- Sprinkle a dash of black pepper or 1 teaspoon of ground coriander leaves for the best result.
11. Drink lots of water to reduce acidity
The PH value of water is 7.0 or neutral which can help to raise the PH of an acidic meal. So water helps to neutralize the acid and throw out the excess digestive juices present in the stomach .your digestive system better functioning.
- Drink a glass of lukewarm water in the morning and eat at night before going to sleep.
Papaya saves your stomach from acid reflux because it contains the papain enzyme, which helps to improve digestion. It also contains fiber which helps to clear the toxins of your stomach. It is alkaline food that digests food easily and cleansing colon also.
- Add new papaya in your vegetable.
- Eat like salad also.
13. Pineapple Juice
It is a very effective natural home remedies to rid of acid reflux and heartburn. It has bromelain enzyme which helps to control the production levels of hydrochloric acid in your stomach and prevent hyperacidity and heartburn.
- Drink a glass of pineapple juice you defect symptoms of acidity.
- Adding a pinch of salt to this juice for better result.
14. Goose Berries (Amla)
Amala or Gooseberries have many medicinal benefits. It has a high amount of vitamin C, which helps to heal the damaged stomach lines and esophagus. It helps to reduce nausea or heartburning and acid reflux.
- One teaspoon of amala powder eat daily
- After your meal use derived pieces of amla.
15. Peppermint Tea
Peppermint actually relaxes the sphincter muscle which closes of the stomach from the esophagus. It relaxes the lower oesophageal sphincter the muscle between the stomach and esophagus. so control the excess acid flow, reliving stomach problems like nausea and indigestion.
- Drink a cup of peppermint tea after meals.
- Dried pieces of peppermint eat after a meal.
Note- peppermint tea is not for people who have ulcers.
16. Coconut water
Coconut water helps to produce mucous in your stomach which protects the stomach from harmful effects of excessive acid production. It normalizes the secretion of stomach acid. The high fiber content in this water prevents the re-occurrence of acidity. It also controls pit acidic level in your stomach.
Coconut water is a good source of electrolytes such as potassium. These electrolytes promote PH balance in your body, which controls acid reflux.
- Drink water coconut water in the morning in weekly
17. Baking soda
In everyone’s kitchen Baking soda is available. It quickly neutralizes stomach acid relieve indigestion, bloating and acid reflux heartburn. Sodium bicarbonate or baking soda helps instant relief.
- Stir a teaspoon of baking soda into a glass of water then drink it.
- Don’t repeat for at least 2 hours.
18. Cinnamon (Dalchini)
Cinnamon or Dalchini Is a spice makes the food flavored. It also helps in relieving the symptoms of acidity. Cinnamon works as a natural antacid that reduces stomach acid, improving digestion and absorption, heals the infections in the gastrointestinal tract.
- Add 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder with carom seeds in water drink this after straining it.
Garlic is a great natural remedy for reducing acidity and indigestion problem. It also reduces high cholesterol, heart disease, and certain stomach and colon cancers because of its sources manganese, selenium, calcium, vitamin C, potassium and allicin. So it is called powerhouse of antioxidants and antidote to acidity too. Raw garlic kills the pathogenic microorganism that creates major gastroenteritis so it reduces heartburn, acid and stomach infection.
- Include garlic every day in your meal.
20. Raw Almond
It is natural home remedies from ancient time for ulcers, heartburn, and acidity. This contains high fiber and natural oil which soothe and neutralize the acid in your stomach. Also, it helps to digest your food easily.
- Eat raw almond in the morning.
- Drink raw almond milk for stomach good health.
Prevention of Acidity
- Avoid spicy, oily foods and beverages that trigger acid reflux.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Avoid wearing tight clothes.
- Avoiding smoking and drinking alcohol prevents acid reflux disease.
- Don’t eat large meals before lying down.
- Eating smaller meals more frequently throughout the day.
- Eat slowly with proper chewing.
- Raise the head of your bed/ elevate your bed.
- Don’t lie down after eating.
- Increase water intake.
- Avoid tea, coffee.
- Change your sleeping pattern.
- Do not get too stressed/ sleep on your left side.
- Do yoga and meditation.
you can read also:
- How To Control Hair Fall-12 Tips to prevent Hair fall
In this article, we provide Home Remedies for Acidity which are an immediate and natural response like antacid when suffering from acidity and heartburn and boost your overall stomach health.
If you have some amazing health tips related to this topic or interesting research not mentioned here, please leave a comment and we will include it.
Note: If you feed too much discomfort, then you should sure to consult your doctor.
Thank you for reading……