Improve Memory Power and Concentration through Yoga is important to keep your Brain fit, healthy, stay concentrate and improve Memory power for your better life. A good memory can decrease your stress levels, improve your career and make your life easier.
Importance of Memory Power and how to improve memory power
Memory power plays an important role in your life. It allows you to remember skills that you have learned or retrieve the information that is stored in your brain or recall your precious moment that occurs in the past.
It has the ability to recall past events and knowledge. without memory, you could not be able to perform basic functions.
Through memory power, you are able to create your own identities and communicate with others.
Importance of Concentration:
Concentration is the focus of mind, the ability to hold the awareness of your mind on one point, one place without disturbing.
It has great power to do an unimaginable amount of work. A person with a concentrated mind can do all kind of work with great efficiency. A strong powerful concentrate mind is one which carries out any of its own decisions.
Due to poor concentration, the work is not done properly, so concentration is must essential in your daily life and practices it for a better happy life.
Improving your concentration is that it increase your mental performance.
Concentration helps to improve memory power to focus your task, activities, and goal. So you become more efficient. That is why to concentrate your mind and improve memory power is most important in your life for better performance and staying happy.
Tips.to Improve Memory Power through Yoga
Yoga is a good form of exercise that circulates your blood, improves oxygen flow and helps with overall health.
It also boosts brain function. Regularly practice yoga can increase overall brain activities, depression, and anxiety and also improve stress response.
There are many yoga techniques that stimulate the brain and nervous system to improve memory power and concentration to perform better in the exam and in every stage of your life
There are some yoga techniques that improve memory power and concentration.
1.Bhramari (Bee Breathing):
Bhramari pranayama has a positive effect on your body, mind and particularly on the nervous system.
It is effective in instantly calming down the mind.
This technique calms and soothes the nerves. In this techniques humming sound vibration have a calming effect on the mind and body. It improves concentration and memory power and builds confidence.
It also relieves negative emotions like anger anxieties.
- Sit straight in sukhasana or padmasana and close your eyes.
- Press your ear point with your thumb then place your index finger on the forehead and with the remaining fingers close your eyes.
- By keeping the mouth closed, exhale by making a sound like “human” i.e saying “om” in a soft humming sound then inhale.
- Repeat this process 12 to 15 times.
2. Paschimottanasana (Seated Forward Bend):
Paschimottansana focuses on the spine of the body which is connected with the brain. It controls most of the basic body functions. The spinal cord carries information to the brain and regulates the many functions of the brain.
It promotes activities of the brain significantly and boost blood supply and calm your mind. So this asana helps to remove stress, negative emotions from mind and relax the mind. That is why your mind becomes more concentrate and sharper.
- Sit down straight with your legs by stretching in front of you.
- Keep your head, spine erect.
- Place the palms on your respective knees.
- Now bend your head and trunk slowly forward to catch the toes with the thumb without bending knees.
- Take a deep breath and try to touch your head to your both knees.
- Bend the arm and try to touch the elbow on the floor.
- Exhale completely, stay in this posture for a few seconds.
- After a few seconds slowly return to your starting position.
- Repeat this 4 to 5 times.
3. Sarvangasana(Shoulder Stand):
Sarvangasana pose helps nourish the brain by improving blood flow to the hypothalamus and pineal glands in your brain. This boost your brain functions and cognitive functions.
It increases brain memory power and concentration.
Regulate and normalizes the functioning of the thyroid and parathyroid glands.
- Lie on the floor on your back
- Place your hands on your back to Support your position.
- Try to lift your legs in an upward direction. Lift up to become perpendicular to the ground.
- Maintain this pose up to 30 sec.
- Slowly return back to the original position.
4. Halasana (Plow pose):
Halasana helps to improve blood flow to the brain and calm the nervous system and brain.
It improves blood circulation and soothes the nervous. It also stimulates the reproductive organs.
- Lie down flat on your back with your arms by your side.
- Use abdominal muscles to raise your feet off the ground to a 900
- Breath normally, raising your back with your hands slowly off the floor.
- Now lift your leg so that the toes touch the floor above your head.
- Hold this pose for few seconds. Then inhale as you release the pose and return to your legs to the original position.
Setubandhasana improves blood circulation to the brain, so the brain functioning properly.
It helps to calm the brain and the nervous system, reducing anxiety, stress, and depression.
Setubandhasana also Relaxes the tight muscles.
It keeps blood pressure under control, improves digestion and reduces respiratory problems.
- Lie down flat on your back
- Let your arms rest beside your body with your palms facing downwards.
- Bend your knees and place your feet on the floor hip-width apart. Your ankles and knees are placed in a straight line.
- Inhale and lift your back off the floor and make sure your chin touches your chest without you having to move it.
- Make sure your thighs are parallel to each other and the floor. Then with legs, buttocks, and mulabandha to lift the hips higher.
- Breath normally and hold this posture for 30 sec and exhale as you gently then release the pose.
6. Bakasana (Crane pose):
Bakasana is an excellent yoga posture that will help you to improve attention and concentration. Regular practice of this yoga pose will increase mental and physical strength.
These asanas are arm balancing posture. It helps to develop a sense of balance and coordination.
Regularly practice this yoga pose will increase your memory power and physical strength.
- Sit down on the floor with your feet.
- Keep your knees wide apart and arms on the inner side of your legs.
- Stretch widely your finger of your hands and place the palm on the floor at the right side in front of your feet.
- Lean forward a little, transfer your body weight to your arm completely.
- Press your knees against the arms and slowly lift your feet off the floor. Raise your buttocks a little and balance the body with your arms.
- Breathe deeply and keep your concentration by observing to a fixed point on the ground.
- Stay with this pose with 30 seconds then leave the posture and relax.
8. Tadasana (Mountain Pose):
Tadasana yoga is a simple standing yoga pose which helps you focus your mind and relaxing you. This pose also helps you to sleep better so your brains more alert and more efficiency.
It increases awareness of your mind, and strengthen thighs, knees, and ankles.
Tadasana also increases your Height.
- Standing straight on the ground and take a small gap between your feet.
- With deeply breathing (Inhale) raise your both arms and interlocking your fingers.
- Raise your heels and stand on your toes.
- Stretch your body from feet to fingers.
- Hold this position and breath to 10 seconds.
- While exhaling release your pose to come to the standing position.
- Repeat this for 10 to 12 times.
8. Padmasana (Lotus pose):
Padmasana pose has the ability to enhance brain function and energy power of your body.
This asana pose calms the mind, relieve fatigue, muscular tension and reduce stress. When you relax, your brain is able to rejuvenate itself and be more alert to take new things or challenges.
Padmasana is the best asana to relax and calm your mind and also sharpen your memory skills.
- Sit on the floor.
- Bend the right knee, lift it and place it on the outside of the left thigh.
- Similarly, bend the left knee, lift it and place it on the outside of the right thing.
- Place your hands on your knees. Brings index figure and thumb together to form a circle, touching them together lightly and extend the rest fingers straight.
- Remember your spine is erect when performing this asana.
- Inhale and exhale deeply with long breaths and concentrate.
Here are some important yoga techniques which help you in your daily life to improve your brainpower and concentration power which is most important for every person to succeed for him/her life for better way happily and smartly.
Thank you for Reading….